Dr. Oz Week in Preview – August 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 2014
Here are the show topics of this weeks show topics :
Monday, August 4, 2014 : Protein Diets Healthy?
You have likely heard of protein diets and may have even tried them as well. Are they healthy? Dr. will be talking about the benefits of protein and how it can help to fight disease and to help you lose weight. Other 8-4-2014 show segments include :
- Choosing the a healthy protein bar and which protein bars that yo should avoid.
- Signs and symptoms of a ruptured aneurysm. How to save your life if you ever have a ruptured aneurysm.
- Baking soda beauty tips
- Natural sore throat gargle remedies.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
8-5-2014 Dr. Oz talks about a new ingredient that is being used by companies to keep you addicted to soda pop and many other foods. The sweetener is called Sweetmyx. Dr. Oz demonstrates what Sweetmyx and why it is so addictive. Find out what foods contain Sweetmyx. Other show topics include :
- Crossing your legs can cause blood clots. Dr. Oz talks about what you should do to prevent blood clots and why you shouldn’t stay in seated positions for too long.
- Find out your hair’s “real age” and how you can make your hair look more youthful.
- Why you should use honey instead of sugar.
- Uses for olive oil that you may have never heard of.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Cure your exhaustion in 10 minutes! Are you tired all the time? Be sure to tune in to the 8-6-2014 episode to see how you can cure exhaustion with 10-minute fixes. Dr. Oz also talks about the benefits of taking naps. Other topics on the show include :
- Dr. Oz talks about why no calorie diet sodas can raise your risk of heart attack by 30 percent.
- Signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts.
- “The Eat Clean Diet” – Tosca Reno talks about the four rules of the Eat Clean Diet that can transform your health and help you to lose weight.
- 3 superfood smoothie recipes
Thursday, August 7, 2014 – Controversial Health Scares
Dr. Andrew Weil joins Dr. Oz to talk about controversial health scares and shares his favorite alternative health “All Stars”
- Dr. Tiffanie Davis talks about why not being able to say “NO” is bad for your health. She shares tips on how to say no.
- Stress food fixes – Remedies to melt your stress away through diet.
- Household items that can be dangerous to your health.
Friday, August 8, 2014 – Identifying A Heart Attack
Dr. Oz talks about how to tell the difference between heartburn and a heart attack.. Other topics include :
- Hemorrhoids – What you need to know and the best ways in which you should treat them.
- Yeast infections – Find out what causes them and natural ways in which to treat yeast infections.
- The hormone that produces hunger.
- 10 second healthy hair test and how to style your hair naturally.
- Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi talks about sun exposure myths and clears up some confusing questions about your skin and the sun.
- Human body tricks.
Dr. Oz April 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Show Topics – Catnaps Are Healthy, How To Give Up Sugar, Anti-aging Tips
Today, Dr Oz April 14, 2014 – We all know that too much sugar isn’t good for our bodies, but giving up sugar isn’t quite so easy. On April 14, 2014 Dr. Oz shares a 5 step plan on how to give up sugar for good!
Dr. Oz April 15, 2014 – 10 Minute Exhaustion Fix
Is there a time period during the afternoon where all of your energy seems to drain right out of you? It could be that you need a nap.. Today, Dr. Oz talks about why naps aren’t just for babies and why a 10-20 minute nap will boost your energy while a 60 minute nap may make you feel groggy. Dr. Oz shares tips on how to take a 10 minute cat nap to give you the energy boost you need to help get you through the day.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 – No Pill Pain Fighters
Do you reach for your pills every time your aches and pains start flaring up? On Wednesday, April 16th Dr. Oz will be talking about breakthrough “no pill pain fighters” that can help you to overcome all the aches and pains that keep you from living your life to the fullest. Today, Dr. Oz will also be sharing the best foods to reduce body inflammation.
Thursday, April 17, 2014 – Dr. Oz Talks “Government Conspiracies” – Is The FDA Hiding Cancer Cures?
Do you feel that the government has the cures to serious diseases like cancer but is hiding them in order to keep you sick and stay on expensive medications? Do you think that your doctor is pushing dangerous prescriptions on you that you don’t need? On April 17th Dr. Oz will be talking about popular medical and health conspiracies and if any of them are actually true and if there is anything that we should be concerned about.
Friday, April 18, 2014 – Joan and Melissa Rivers – Health Intervention and Anti-Aging Tips
Dr. Oz will be inviting Joan and Melissa Rivers back on to the show on Friday, April 18th to talk about their longevity and anti-aging secrets. Joan Rivers will be talking about a tragedy that recently happened within her family that devastated her. They also share anti-aging secrets to keep them feeling and looking young.
Today’s Show Topics on Dr. Oz : April 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11th, 2014
Will you be unable to tune in to see all of the Dr. Oz April 7 – 11th episodes? Listed below is a summary of all the topics that will be discussed on each day’s episode :
Monday, April 7, 2014 – “The Fat Drug” – Why Antibiotics Can Make You Fat
- On April 7th, Dr. Oz will be inviting (antibiotics expert), Dr. Martin Blaser on to the show to talk about how antibiotics can cause you to gain weight by lowering your metabolism, increasing fat cells and causing food cravings.
- Oversleeping is bad for your health – Today’s show will talk about how you can get “Sleep Drunk”. This is when you sleep more than you should and you end up feeling even more tired and sluggish. Dr. Oz explains this phenomenon and why oversleeping can actually be unhealthy.
- Dr. Oz explains what “gout” is and why it is on the rise in women. Tips on how to diagnose gout and how you can prevent getting it.
- Dr. Oz interviews Eve Schaub and how she went a whole year without eating any sugar. Eve shares some of her favorite recipes that she ate during the year that do not contain any sugar. (Cauliflower pizzettes, Smoky Eggplant, banana ice cream recipes).
- Chef Jennifer Stack will share the stage with Dr. Oz to help you rekindle your love of vegetables. Jennifer shares eggplant, cauliflower and zucchini recipes that will inspire you to start eating healthier.
Tuesday, April 8 2014 – Can Aspirin Help Protect You From Cancer?
- Today, Dr. Oz talks about how taking an aspirin a day can lower your risk of getting ovarian cancer. Dr. Beth Karlan will be joining Dr. Oz to talk about how aspirin not only reduces your risk of getting cancer it also helps to keep it from spreading.
- Dr. Tieraona Low Dog will appear on the 4-8-2014 show to talk about why she feels that Americans are overmedicated. Dr. Low Dog recommends some natural healers that are more effective than prescription drugs.
- Potassium deficiency. How to know if you are deficient in potassium and how a deficiency can affect you.
- Dr. Oz will be talking about spring allergies and why this year could be the worst allergy season in a long time. Dr. Oz will be revealing his “spring allergy survival guide”.
- The health benefits and powers of meditation. Russell Simmons shares at home meditation tips that you can do.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 – Declutter Your Life and Transform Your Health
- The April 9th episode will share all new rules on how to declutter your life. Dr. Oz will be revealing guidelines in what he calls the “Great American Cleanout!”
- Dr. Oz analyzes “non dairy” milk options and which is the best choice for you and your family.
- Dr. Oz and Dr. Aviva Romm talk about adrenal fatigue and why it often goes undiagnosed.
- “The Fast Diet – Dr. Michael Mosley talks about “The Fast Diet” and why it can help you burn fat lose the most weight in the shortest amount of time.The best infused waters that will improve your health and lifestyle
- Dr. Oz’s personal favorite Pinterest accounts that you should follow to improve your health
Thursday, April 10 2014 – Princess Diana and Famous Deaths Reexamined
- Dr. Oz teams up with a forensic pathologist, Dr. Bill Manion to talk about Princess Diana’s final hours and if she could have been saved from your injuries?
- The O-Diet…. Dr. Roshini Raj talks about the anti-inflammatory “O-diet” that will help you to lose weight as well as reduce symptoms from inflammatory diseases like IBS, arthritis, and migraines.
- The many health benefits of Epsom salts. Dr. Oz talks about why epsom salts are more useful than just for a relaxing bath.
- YouTube sleep solutions. Dr. David Langer talks about how sounds can be used to help you fall asleep.Dr. Oz talks to a child named Elana Simon about how she cured herself from cancer.
Friday, April 11, 2014 – Fighting Inflammation – “Toxic Acid Takedown” – Alkaline Foods
- Dr. Oz and Dietician Ashley Koff discuss how alkaline foods can help to cure your from “toxic acid overload” and why alkaline foods should be a new food category all to themselves. They discuss how alkaline foods can help to prevent weight gain and even diabetes.
- 4 inflammatory foods that yo should be eating.
- Dr. Tieraona Low Dog talks about how to defeat chronic fatigue using a holistic approach. Home remedies to cure your ailments without a prescription.
- Dr. Oz talks about an ancient grain called “Freekeh” and how it can benefit your health. Where to buy Freekeh and how to cook it.
- How a healing bath helps to reduce your stress.
Dr. Oz March 31, April 1, 2, 3, 4th Show Topics
Will you be unable to watch the upcoming episodes on March 31 through April 4th, 2014? Listed below are the shop topics for the entire week. Be sure to set your DVR’s if any of the topics interest you. Some of the topics include crash dieting, insomnia remedies, how to improve your sex life, foods to lower your cholesterol and much more… Here are the topics for each episode :
Monday, March 31, 2014 – The Health Tell All Episode
- Today, Dr. Oz kicks off the week talking about “innocent” habits that could be throwing your hormones out of balance. Dr. Natasha Turner (author of The Supercharged Hormone Diet) talks about how common practices like crash dieting, exercise and even taking a coffee break can effect your hormones.
- Guliana and Bill Rancic talks about their health issues they have faced. Breast cancer, infertility.
- Dr. Oz shares 3 all natural “night cap” remedies to help you solve your biggest sleep complaints.
- What your handwriting may be telling you about your health
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 – The New Ways To Lower Your Risk Of Developing Alzheimers
- Dr. Will be talking about the latest cutting edge research on Alzheimer’s with Dr. Cynthia Green. They discus three exciting research breakthroughs that may help prevent you or a loved one of getting Alzheimers!
- Dr. Oz exposes the orange juice industry and talks about which orange juice products you should be buying and which you should steer clear from.
- Warning signs your “raspy” voice may be telling you.
- The dangers of “nail biting” and tips to stop this habit.
- Ary Nunez (celebrity trainer) share ways to get rid of those “bat wings” and get the arms you have always wanted.
- Dr. Oz fesses up to some secrets that nobody knows.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 – Dangerous Ingredients In Your OTC Medications
- Roger Bate and Elizabeth Jungman join Dr. Oz to talk about dangerous ingredients in prescription and over the counter medications that are likely in your medicine cabinet..
- Dr. Oz interviews Pamela Rauseo, who saved her 5 month year old nephew using CPR on the side of a highway. Pamela shares a lesson on how to perform CPR with the audience.
- Could the reason why you have been so exhausted be because of a yeast infection in your belly? Dr. Oz talks about how an overgrowth of yeast can cause fatigue amongst other symptoms and two easy solutions to re-balance your gut.
- Dr. Oz talks about how Strawberries work wonders at lowering your cholesterol..
- Anatomy IQ game.
Thursday, April 3, 2014 – Revive Your Sex Life
- Sex expert, Esther Perel joins Dr. Oz to talk about how to revive your sex life.
- Why starch resistant yams are the super carb that could help prevent you from getting cancer.
- Stomachache, gas, and bloating remedies.
- How to look 1o years younger over the weekend!!
Friday, April 4, 2014 – Does Believing In Angels Have The Power To Heal?
- Rebecca Rosen (spiritual medium) speaks with Dr. Oz about how angels can bring healing to your life and not just physically. Also mentally and spiritual healing.
- 3 red flags that you are aging too fast and what you can do to stop it.
- All natural dandruff remedy that will take care of your problem for good!
- Why oil of oregano is Mother Nature’s most powerful antibioticSigns and symptoms for when you should head to the doctor.How to “de-clutter” your life.
Dr. Oz March 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 Show Topics : Permanent Weight Loss Plan, Wrinkle Remedy, Home Remedies
Will you be unable to view the upcoming Dr. Oz episodes? Here is the weekly preview of the show topics… Set your DVR’s because the week of March 24-28 cover some health and weight loss topics that you won’t want to miss!
Monday, March 24 2014 – How To Achieve Permanent Weight Loss
- Tired of yo-yo dieting? On March 24, 2014 Dr. Oz will be inviting weight loss expert Dr. Joel Fuhrman on to the show to talk about his permanent weight loss plan.. After watching this episode you will be able to throw away your calorie counters, books, scales and “diet” products. Learn the rules how how to achieve PERMANENT weight loss.
- Find out how long you will live! Predictors of your longevity by using heart, brain, and stress factors.
- Embarrassing health problems.
- Are wrinkles a problem for you? Dr. Oz (with the help of Dermatologist Lori Brightman) share 3 “botox in a bottle” anti-wrinkle creams that really work but are cheaper options that don’t require a visit to the doctor. The brands that were suggested on the show were a GABA Cream “Dr. Brandt’s Crease Release” and an anti-wrinkle cream that contains Matrixyl & Dermaxyl called Clarins Instant Smoothing Perfecting Touch.
- Celebrity trainer, Nicole Winhoffer shares her chair workout routine.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 – Hot In Cleveland Cast Share Tips on How To Defy Your Age
- On 3-25-2014 the cast of ‘Hot in Cleveland” will be appearing on Dr. Oz to share anti-aging tips on how to defy your age. All of their tips do NOT require any type of plastic surgery but will make you look years younger!
- Hair loss, and how to stop hair loss in it’s tracks.
- Anti-inflammatory foods that work as well as ibuprofen
- Hungry girl Lisa Lillien appears on the show to share weight loss tips. How to lose 10 pounds in just 4 weeks.
- Why you should or should not wear a corsett to lose weight.
- How to find coupons for healthy foods.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 – The Lethal New Painkiller Set To Be Released
- Be sure to set your DVR’s for the 3-26, 2014 episode. Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Dr. Oz will be discussing a new prescription painkiller (Zohydro) that could be putting the health of America at risk.
- The new faces of heroin and why it’s trending back up towards epidemic levels.
- Inexpensive ways to restore your hair.
- Home remedies for medical emergencies that occur frequently in your home.
- Kaniwa – The super-grain that is gluten free and high in protein, fiber, and iron.
Thursday, March 27 2014 – Health Mistake 90 percent of people make
- 3-27-2014 : Dr. Oz talks about a health related mistake that the vast majority of Americans make.
- An ingredient (fiber) that will help you to lose weight and provide protection against heart disease, and colon cancer.
- Why your vision deteriorates after age 40… Presbyopia…. Andy Rosenfarb joins Dr. Oz to share eye exercises to strengthen your eyes.
- Why hair changes as you age. Tips on how to restore your hair back to when it was healthier.
- Find out what your “stressors” are in life. Dr. Neil Shah joins Dr. Oz to share tips on how to keep your “bridge of stress” from breaking down.
- How and why quinoa can improve your skin, digestion and aid you in your weight loss efforts.
Friday, March 28 2014 – Kids Debunk Health Myths Told By Their Parents
- The Friday March 28th show promises to be wild and crazy. Kids will be debunking health myths on Dr. Oz’s stage. They will answer myths like “Is popping your knuckles really bad for you?” and “should you put ice on a burn?” Tune in to find out the answers.
- Mom vs. daughters puberty challenge.
- Dr. Oz talks about the longest organ in your body… Anatomy class 101 live on stage.
March 20, 2014 – Dr. Oz Talks About All The Foods You Can On On The 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet
If you saw today’s (3-20-2014) Dr. Oz show, you saw an audience of women who ALL participated in Dr. Oz’s two week weight loss plan. They lost over 1000 pounds combined and were excited at how great they felt after the two week diet. Listed below are the “All You Can Eat” foods that you can eat while on the diet as well as the 2 week breakfast smoothie that was shared on the show.
Speed Up Your Weight Loss With Lemon Water For Breakfast
First thing in the morning, drink a glass of lemon water. The lemon water will get your digestion going and ready.
2 Week Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie
Preparation Ingredients :
- 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk (choose the unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup of berries (you can choose frozen berries)
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbsp rice protein powder
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
Add all of the ingredients above into a blender… Mix thoroughly and enjoy.
All You Can Eat Foods On Dr. Oz’s Two Week Diet
You can eat all of the “Low” glycemic vegetables that you want. Here are the food examples that were given on the show :
- Brussels Sprouts
- Snap Peas
- There are many more. Choose from any low glycemic vegetables.
Dr. Oz suggested turning a variety of low glycemic vegetables into a delicious soup.
Take A Probiotic Supplement
Take a probiotic first thing in the morning. The probiotic will increase the good bacteria in your belly and enhance your weight loss efforts.
Foods To avoid On The Two Week Diet
Read about the foods that you should AVOID while on the two week diet.
After The Two Week Diet Has Been Completed?
If you have stuck with the diet you will have lost approximately 10 pounds in just two weeks! Congratulations. Now, you will want to add foods that you eliminated back into your diet. Dr. Oz said to add some “healthy” foods back into your diet after the two weeks. Here were his suggestions.
- Add healthy proteins like nuts
- Add berries as a treat after dinner.